Belcanto Opera Festival in JAPAN 2019
The Fujiwara Opera in cooperation with The Festival della Valle d’Itria in Martina FrancaBuy Tickets >
Performed by Students of “Opera Studio” with Carmen Santoro
Dates and Times
Ticket Price: Free
Baroque Opera & Neapolitan School
Dates and Times
Antonio GRECO (Conductor)
Giancarlo LANDINI (Musicologist)
Eva PLEUS (Music Critic)
Tadamichi ORIE (General Artistic Director of Fujiwara Opera)
Dates and Times
BOF Baroque Ensemble (Concert Master: Gian Andrea GUERRA)
Georg Friedrich Händel:
“Lascia ch'io pianga” from RINALDO
“Ombra mai fu” from SERSE
“Sposa son disprezzata” from BAJAZET
"IL TRIONFO DELL 'ONORE"
(opera in 3 Acts in Original Language)
The Belcanto Opera Festival in Japan 2019 proudly presents the comic opera "The Triumph of Honor (Il Trionfo dell'onore)" by Sicilian composer Alessandro Scarlatti (1660-1725). This opera premiered in Naples in 1718 where Scarlatti served as court musician and was very well received, but was only performed for the royal family and nobles. Surprisingly, it took more than 200 years to be staged again (in 1937 Laughton, England). Scarlatti, also considered the father of the Neapolitan school
Riccardo Albenori is a young man who arrives in the outskirts of Pisa from Lucca trying to flee from his various amorous affairs. He is hoping that his problems will die down while he quietly waits at his uncle’s mansion. Miho Sakoda (S) who received high acclaim for her lyrical voice in the title role of "Madama Butterfly" this year will perform Riccardo Albenori. Tomoko Maiya (MS) will sing Leonora Dorini who was allured by Riccardo and afterwards abandoned. Leonora’s younger brother Erminio Dorini will be performed by Italy's young counter-tenor, Raffaele Pe (CT counter tenor), up-and-rising singer attracting attention all around the world. Hare Ito (S) will sing Doralice Rossetti, who sways between Erminio and Riccardo. Yusuke Kobori (T Tenor) will perform Flaminio Castravacca, Riccardo’s uncle, a womanizer always on the look for young girls though he has a fiancee Cornelia. Doralice’s aunt Cornelia Buffacci, performed by a tenor in disguise, will be sung by Masayuki Yamauchi (T). Yuka Tajima (MS) will sing Rosina Caruccia, maid to Cornelia. Patrizio La Placa (Bs-Br bass-baritone) will perform Riccardo’s roudy friend Capitano Rodimarte Bombarda. This stage will be a collaboration between singers of the Fujiwara Opera and the singers who performed in this opera at The Festival della Valle d’Itria in Martina Franca, Italy in 2018.
Antonio Greco will take the baton. Greco has acted as chorus conductor at various opera theaters such as Cremona and Lausanne etc. He has also conducted the baroque opera "Baccanali" (one act stage) composed by Agostino Steffani at the Valle d’Itria Music Festival 2016. Giacomo Ferraù and Libero Stelluti, directors of this opera in 2018, will again direct this production.
Dates and Times
- - This online ticket service is operated by K.K. ETIX DATA FARM the consignment company for ticketing of Japan Opera Foundation.
- - The cast/program are subject to be changed.
- - Age restriction; Preschool children are not allowed for admission.
- - No change or cancel will be accepted for the purchased ticket. Please review carefully on your ticket selection and billing information entered before submit an order.
- - Please complete your purchase in 15min. from the Review Your Selection page has been displayed. Please note that after 15min. your purchase will be time-out and selected ticket will go back to inventory.
- - Please do not use more than one window and Back button of browser during purchase. It may cause purchase not process correctly.
- - Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure the order confirmation email gets delivered.
- - After the online ticket sale ended, please contact Japan Opera Foundation Ticket Center (email: email@example.com) directly if you are wishing to purchase tickets.
Capitano Rodimarte Bombarda
Patrizio La PLACA
Belcanto Opera Festival Orchestra
Concert Master: Gian Andrea GUERRA
Scenery Designer: Stefano ZULLO / Costume Designer: Sara MARCUCCI
Lighting Designer: Giuliano ALMERIGHI / Choreographer: Riccardo OLIVIER
Stage Manager : Seiichi YAGI / Assistant Conductor: Katsuhiko ABE
General Artistic Director of Belcanto Opera Festival in JAPAN : Carmen SANTORO
Production Director: Tadamichi ORIE
In collaboration with Festival della Valle d'ltria di Martina Franca (Italy)
President: Franco PUNZI
Artistic Director: Alberto TRIOLA
Musical Director: Fabio LUISI
Agency for Cultural Affair / The Japan Opera Foundation
With the cooperation of
The Festival della Valle d'ltria in Martina Franca / Showa University of Music/Odakyu Electric Railway Co., Ltd.
Showa University of Music
1-11-1 Kamiasao, Asao-ku, Kawasaki-City Kanagawa JAPAN
phone : +81-(0)44-953-1121
4-minute walk from the Minami Exit of Shinyurigaoka Station on the Odakyu Line